Ethisoft: Winner of the 2019 Smart Compliance Awards
Le Cercle de la Compliance’s 2019 Smart Compliance Award is given to Ethisport for its innovation, Ethisoft.
In the constant search for solutions to operationalize compliance, in 2018 we launched the Smart Compliance Awards.
The purpose of the awards is to identify and honor an innovation – technological or organizational – each year so as to significantly and quickly contribute to implementing compliance in companies. A jury of compliance professionals analyzes each nomination based on three major criteria: innovation, impact on the adoption of compliance in the company and immediate usefulness for the Compliance Officer.
At Le Cercle de la Compliance’s first 2020 dinner-debate, the Ethisoft tool, dedicated to managing gift and invitation programs for companies, non-profits and foundations, won the award.
“Ethisoft is the culmination of a lot of dialogue with the sports world, which is very attentive to the impact of implementing the Sapin II Act and mindful to respond to it concretely. Hospitality in sports events represents more than 25% of certain organizers’ revenue. As we ourselves are from the sports world, we wanted to assist them with this initiative.”
Lionel Laffitte, co-founder of Ethisport
Ethisoft allows users to perform the end-to-end monitoring of the allocation of gifts and invitations (tickets, hospital services, etc.), all the way from the person giving the invitation up to the end beneficiary. The system assists the user pedagogically with continuous reminders of the entity’s policies.
“This year we received very high-quality nominees and are happy to note that many actors develop creative and innovative solutions to strengthen our organizations’ ethics commitments. We extend our sincere congratulations to all the nominees, and in particular to the three finalists. Deliberations were very lively and the final choice was difficult, which is quite encouraging! By choosing Ethisoft, it’s true that we wanted to honor an innovation, but we also wanted to acknowledge this strong signal from the sports industry, which is choosing self-regulation at a time when France is preparing its Olympic Games. This is in line with the meaning of the work of Le Cercle’s “2024 Compliance” initiative, headed by our secretary general, Catherine Delhaye, President of Le Cercle de la Compliance.
The 8 members of the jury are experienced compliance professionals: compliance officers, service providers, lawyers and consultants. They are independent and participate on a volunteer basis. In 4 lively meetings, they pre-selected 5 projects among the candidacies received and, in the end, chose 3 finalists, and it was difficult to choose the winner among them:
- Ethisoft, developed by Ethisport (management of gifts and invitations)
- GEO, a solution proposed by the consulting and auditing firm BM&A to provide “a factual and insightful response to regulatory and fiscal compliance issues”.
- Smart Global Privacy, a solution to manage compliance in the personal data protection field.
The members of the jury of the Smart Compliance Awards
- Catherine Delhaye, President of Le Cercle de la Compliance
- Julien Deschamps, Partner and Chief Operating Officer of Facepoint
- Michaëlle Durand, Regional Compliance Manager at DB Schenker
- Cécilia Fellouse-Guenkel, Secretary General of Le Cercle de la Compliance
- Samuel Guetta, co-founder of Compliances
- Charlotte Guillorit, Group General Counsel – Accenture Offerings & Services Regulatory Compliance, winner of the 2018 Smart Compliance Awards
- Christine Lensel-Martinat, Risk and Regulations Leader at Onepoint Group
- Nadia Lubrano, Compliance Officer and Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Lagardère